High beams

I was out working on the temporary garage when i felt the urge to take a break and get into the van and just sit in it for a while.
After sitting in the car drinking some coffee and thinking about life, i started turning all the knobs and buttons just for the sake of it.
I turned the headlight switch, and suddenly two lights in the dashboard started to shine.
The complete dashboard had not been working at all since i got the car. I turned the ignition and the whole dash lit up.

Indicators, high beams and all the lumination lamps were suddenly working. I started the car and everything seemed to be working fine. Then out of the blue, two of the ilumination lamps just died on me but everything else kept working.

There was only one vital function that didn’t come alive today, hazzard lights. I believe that the car has not been used for a long time and has been standing outside during this time. This has allowed a lot of moist to get inside all the electrical relays and what not, making the electrics stop working.
I’ve put a heater in the car to try and dry out all the moist in the electrical system. If i can get all the water out of the car there is a chance i don’t have to do anything to repair the electrics which would be a big weight lifted from my shoulders.


A friend saw this blog and thought i should apply for pimp my ride.
I actually started to consider it after receiving this picture from him! 😀

Mad props to Tor Bratt!


First measures

OK, so iv’e had the van for a while and have begun to organize all the problems that need fixing.
I will start by removing the interior so that that the car is clean from seats, walls and floor. I’ll fix all the rust inside the car first and then repair all the electrics that doesn’t work. After that its the exteriors turn. When the exterior is repaired from rust and the original paint sanded, the car will be repainted. Then i have to build the new interior.

The new paint will be a little more “cream white” that the original.
There will be some cool Slipstream vinyls on the side and hopefully some other stuff to.
I vill be making a design of the paint job in photoshop that i’ll publish here later on.

Here are some pictures i took today while i spent the first hours on the car, almost all interior is out and you can see rust by the wheel arches that needs welding.